The name should tell it all. http://www.lastracciavocc.it/
I was treated to an incredible meal today at Osteria La Stracciavocc. My hosts knew my love for fish and couldn't wait to take me to this restaurant. I was excited, but little did I know what I was in store for. Italians start lunch around 1pm. Raffael and Vilna have a great sense of humor and I didn't realize they were serious when they said we weren't going to have dinner that night.
As we approach the restaurant the aromatic tentacles immediately drew me in and alerted me of the tasty journey I was about to embark on. Yummm...
It took all my of will power to leave the bread basket alone. There were delicious chunks of foccacia just begging to be devoured. We had not eaten since the morning cafe and biscotti. No, I must resist.
I lost count as to the number of courses we enjoyed that day. I can tell you we ate for 5 hours straight. Believe it. Come to Italy and experience it yourself. You owe it to yourself if you haven't already. All the stories you've heard about great food, love and beauty...it's all true!
I have never had food this good! Oysters, mussels, shrimp, calamari, fish, things I do not know the names of... Grilled, raw, steamed, fried, chopped, diced, whipped... And then there's dessert. Somehow I found the room. Oh yeah. Count me in! We had 2 desserts and some cafe. Now I know why there is always that extra strong Italian espresso at the end of a meal. That's how you stay awake from the food coma.
I later found out what Stracciavocc meant. It means something which breaks your mouth. How appropriate!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whaaaat?!? I am totally drooling right now. ^____^
ReplyDelete