I have officially been adopted by my host parents, Raffael and Vilna Del Sordo. Lucky me! We live in a little town in the country named Mosciano. Nestled snuggly on a hill it overlooks Giulianova, a coastal town on the Adriatic Sea. This town of 8,000 people have buildings dating back to the Medieval times. There are rolling hills, farmed pastures and winding roads. Everyone knows one another. There is a shop for each specialty: meats, fish, vegetables and fruits.
Vilna speaks some broken English and Raffael only speaks Italian to me. He and I went out shopping for food one afternoon. In the car, he was joking about adopting me as his daughter. So when we went into the pasta shop and he introduced me to a friend of his, I said my name was Maria Del Sordo. Ohhh! And from that point forward it has become official.
I always knew I spent many lifetimes as an Italian. Now I know my name.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment